If you love cake and you love coffee, these cupcakes are for you. Moist and delicious with a surge of coffee hit. They are a perfect little treat. These coffee cupcakes are a variation on my basic vanilla cupcakes and are very easy to make.
Ingredients – Coffee Cupcakes:
6oz Caster Sugar
6oz Softened Butter
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
6oz Self-Raising Flour
Half a cup of boiled water
4 heaped teaspoons coffee granules
1. Preheat your oven to 175c
2. Mix the coffee granules into the boiled water until the coffee is dissolved.
3. Whisk the softened butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs and vanilla essence and continue to whisk until it is all combined.
5. Gently pour the coffee water (which should now have cooled) into the mix and fold in until well blended.
6. Sift in the flour and mix this in well. Do not whisk or over beat.
7. Fill the cupcake cases until they are about ¾ full.
8. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in comes out clean.
Ingredients – Coffee frosting
2oz Unsalted Butter
8oz Icing (powdered) Sugar
1tsp Vanilla Essence
¼ Cup Boiled Water
2 heaped teaspoons Coffee Granules
1. Dissolve the coffee granules in the boiled water.
2. Whisk the softened butter until pale and fluffy.
3. Mix in the milk, vanilla essence, and coffee water.
4. When it is all combined, whisk in the icing sugar. If the mixture is too runny, add more sugar. If it becomes too stiff, add a little more milk.
Frost your cakes as you wish. I topped my frosting with fondant leaves for a different look.