When kids are hungry for a snack, you don’t want to waste time faffing around; there is only a small window between your happy child and a craggy monster!
Snacks I carry for Chicco are things I know he will eat. They’re not necessarily all very healthy, but they’re mess free, and aren’t anything that will easily go bad. These can be carried when just popping out or even on longer train or plane journeys.
So here are my top favourites!
- Bluberries – I keep them in a small snack pot
- Bananas – Careful with these. If they’re too ripe they will mush up in your bag.
- Apples – I pre-cut them to make it easier for him to eat.
- Pringles – The small pots are the best.
- Dairy Lea Dunkers – He’s only just started liking these. They are handy pots with tubes on one side and cheese on the other.
- Crisps – Not healthy but he loves the ready salted Pom Bear ones.
- Bread Rolls – On their own, or you can spread jam or butter in them.
- Sandwiches – Keep these simple so they can be held and eaten easily. Maybe just cucumber or peanut butter.
- Cheese Bread Rolls – As it says on the label, bread rolls with melted cheese on top. Chicco loves them.
- Biscuits – Chicco doesn’t like chocolate – so the plain Digestives it is.
- Kallo Rice Cakes – Now I don’t know why but Chicco won’t eat normal plain ones. It has to be this ‘expensive’ brand. *Roll my eyes*
- Yoghurt Tubes – The thing about these is they need to stay in a fridge, but he adores them, so what I tend to do is freeze them and keep them in their own small plastic snack bag. So by the time he’s ready to eat them, they’ve softened and are super refreshing.
- Sausages – He could eat them all day, so I keep some cooked sausages in a small snack pot for him to munch on.
- Juice – His current favourite is by a brand called Happy Monkey.
- And finally… Water – Obviously!
And there you have it! Hopefully this will give you some idea of what to take with you. If you have any other suggestions let me know!