This is the first eggless cupcake recipe I tried and it’s become my go to recipe. It’s so simple to make its basically ridiculous! Chicco loves it. He’s not a frosting fan, so I can usually make up a batch, give him a couple and freeze the rest. They keep really well in the freezer. I just de-frost, then reheat in the oven.
I like an easy life and this recipe definitely fits that criteria! Although these cakes are not dense, don’t expect them to be light and airy. They’re somewhere in the middle. And the condensed milk gives the cakes a caramel/ toffee flavour. My family call these toffee cakes!
This recipe will make either 20 cupcakes or one cake. If you are making one cake, I use an 8inch round cake tin.
500g can condensed milk
1tsp Vanilla essence
150g plain (all-purpose) flour
226g unsalted butter
1tsp baking powder
1. Preheat your oven to 190c
2. Melt the butter until liquidy.
3. Add the flour, baking flour and vanilla essence to the butter and mix thoroughly.
4. Add the condensed milk to the mix and blend it all together well.
5. Put into your cupcake cases or your greased and lined cake tin.
6. If baking a cake, bake for 45 minutes. If making cupcakes, bake for 35mins.
I once made this as a cake and added chopped almonds to the cake before baking. They did sink into the cake a little, but it still tasted delicious.