We had a little tease of summer this afternoon. Just enough heat to prepare us for the sunny days ahead. My favourite thing to eat in the summer are mangos, and my favourite thing to eat in general are cupcakes. So I decided to experiment a little and came up with Mango Cupcakes with Mango Frosting!
Without any bias, they were absolutely delicious!!
I used canned mango pulp, but you can pulp some fresh mangos if you can’t find it canned. Just make sure the mangos are very ripe. You don’t want to use the green mangos as these are tangy rather than sweet.
So here we go!
Ingredients – Cupcakes
6oz (170g) Caster Sugar 6oz (170g) Unsalted Butter (Softened)
3 Eggs 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
8oz (225g) Mango Pulp 6tbsp Milk
8oz (225g) Self Raising Flour
1. Preheat the oven at 165c. Place 24 cupcake cases in a cupcake tin.
2. Whisk together the softened butter and caster sugar until plane and fluffy.
3. Add the 3 eggs one at a time, whisking thoroughly between each egg addition.
4. Add the vanilla essence, mango pulp and milk. Whisk it all together until well combined.
5. Sieve the flour, then gently fold into the mixture.
6. Half fill the cases with the mixture, then bake in the oven for 20 mins, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into a cupcake.
Ingredients – Mango Frosting
2oz (43g) Unsalted Butter 8oz (225g) Icing (powdered) Sugar
8tbsp Milk 1tsp Vanilla Essence
4oz (114g) Mango Pulp
1. Whisk the softened butter until pale and fluffy.
2. Mix in the milk, vanilla essence, and mango pulp.
3. When it is all combined, whisk in the icing sugar. If the mixture is too runny, add more sugar. If it becomes too stiff, add a little more milk.
4. Frost you cakes as you wish. I left a little frosting, which I added colour to, then dripped over the first layer of frosting.