I’m always on the hunt for good, egg-free cake recipes and so have tried quite a few. The one’s I’ve tried usually don’t deliver all that you expect a cupcake to. I want the chocolate flavour, the airiness to the cake and the moistness. It’s hard to find a good one, so when I do, I hang on to it and make it a staple!
Right now, this is the only egg free chocolate cupcake recipe I am happy with. And I am really happy with this. I love chocolate. I love cake. I love these! They are the complete package!!
3 cups all purpose (plain) flour 2 cups whole milk
1 cup cocoa powder 1 cup butter (melted)
2 tsp baking soda 4 tsp honey
1 tsp salt 2 tsp vanilla essence
½ cup chocolate chips
Makes 24 cupcakes
1. Preheat the oven to 165c.
2. Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Give it a good stir so it’s all mixed in well.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the milk, butter, honey and vanilla essence. Again, stir this all until its one even colour.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until well combined. I like to add half the dry ingredients first, then mix this in before adding the rest. This just makes it easier to make sure it’s all combined.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips – gently.
6. Pour into the cupcake cakes – only half fill the cases as these will rise quite a bit.
7. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Decorate these however you want to or just have them plain! I used my go to chocolate frosting that works perfectly for me, every time!
I hope these egg free chocolate cupcakes bring you as much joy as they did me!
Adios for now!